Sunday, October 7, 2012
Though earlier it was announced that Loreen's new single "Crying Out Your Name" will be out on Monday it was already presented on Spotify and you can check it below.
The song as it was revealed before sounds in a style of previous singles (melodically probably closer to "My Heart Is Refusing Me") but while it's growing in verses and you expect tune to go dance in chorus there comes a big live drums section (I guess this is what Loreen meant when she said it's inspiring by garage style). Really worthy follow-up though it's difficult to compete with "Euphoria".
But even bigger Loreen's news of this weekend is that snippets of her debut album "Heal" are unveiled (thanks for the tip to Olivier) and you can listen to them here!
The most precious thing about the album is that it has become quite holistic magic work with Loreen's voice wrapping the whole album in a hypnotic bubble of dark electronic ballads like "Everytime" and "Do We Even Matter" and dance-tracks rolling around Loreen's original way of bringing up dance and drama (not attached to the same formulas but glued really well by Loreen's wonderful voice). I understand solution of label to release "MHIRM" in remixed version, it fits the common direction of the album much better but including "Sober" in remix-version seems weird to me, track in its version loses its personality and steals another hit from the album. I also do hope that "See You Again" will become the next international hit, I believe this lighter side of Loreen also having international radio-friendly production is right what singer's career ouside of Sweden needs.
1. In My Head (Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui, Moh Denebi)
2. My Heart Is Refusing Me (Björn Djupström,Lorén Talhaoui, Moh Denebi)
3. Everytime (Espen Berg, Marianne Sveen, Simen M Eriksrud, Tobias Frelin)
4. Euphoria (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son)
5. Crying Out Your Name (Ana Diaz, Gino Yonan, Jakob Hazell, Moh Denebi, Niklas Jarl, Svante Halldin)
6. Do We Even Matter (Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui, Moh Denebi)
7. Sidewalk (Adam Baptiste, Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui, Tobias Frelin)
8. Sober (Ali Payami, Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui, Moh Denebi)
9. If She's The One (Moh Denebi, Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui)
10. Breaking Robot (Moh Denebi, Ali Payami, Björn Djupström, Lorén Talhaoui)
11. See You Again
12. Heal (Gino Yonan, Moh Denebi, Peter Cartriers)